Coolant Level Alarm Switch Model S85
is an active device which is designed to give an alarm signal if water/coolant based fluids falls below or rises above a present level. It will only signal after a 10 seconds delay in sensing the level to eliminate false alarms due to turbulence.
Containing a programmable microprocessor, the switch can offer one or two output pins which can sink to ground or supply a source voltage, or both.
Its tiny footprint with limited intrusion into the tank means a reduced risk of damage and a wide range of options and customisations makes it suitable for most applications.
The Level Alarm Switch S85 series was introduced to the market over 10 years ago and since its inception over half a million sensors have been supplied proving it as a very robust and reliable product. It has now become an industry standard and is specified worldwide by many leading engine manufacturers including Perkins, Cummins and Caterpillar.
Water based fluids compatible with Brass, PTFE and NBR rubber.
- Supply Voltage: 5 VDC or 7 – 35 VDC
- Supply Current: 1.5mA + source output
- Max. Load Current: 1.0A (sink) or 20mA (source)
- Alarm Delay Time: 0 – 25 secs rising or falling (factory set)
- Connection: 4 way Delphi Packard connector
- Start-up Delay: 1 – 5 secs
- Body: Brass
- Probe: PTFE
- Terminals: SAE CA210Brass, Tin Plated
- Seals: NBR rubber
- Connector: 30% Glass Filled Nylon 6
- Thread sealant: Vibra-Seal 516